Friday, February 3, 2012

So That's Why the 5'oclock Standard Exists...

After a week filled with days averaging about 15 hours (away from my actual home, not including homework) and at least one 18 hour day, I decided to indulge in some liquid happiness (aka: wine). Now I am not a drinker, I have a margarita once a year on my birthday, other than that I am just not a drinker. But last night I decided to make an exception (Thursday is close enough to Friday, right?) because my day was only 12 hours long- that was something to celebrate! So I decided to indulge my ever so refined palette with Arbor Mist (yes, I like cheap wine) and chocolate chip cookies. Yummm.

The Funyuns were for the next day ;-)

So I poured myself a glass...make that a generous glass of wine and began my cookie making. Let me tell you, I think I might be instituting wine Thursdays from here on out. Not only was my night incredibly humorous at every turn (yes I am the kinda girl who gets giddy when I get a good buzz) but I slept REALLY well! Last night turned out so well in fact that when I found a 3 hour break in my day at about 3 this afternoon, I decided to head home and indulge in a little glass before heading back out (I have to work tonight until about 10pm). Well, as it turns out, that social standard of not drinking before 5pm is valid...

You see, that little glass of wine gave me that wonderful happy feeling again, but now I find that wonderful little buzz wearing off and being replaced by sleepiness...not good when you are facing another 6 hours of needing to be productive. Ah well, I have learned my lesson, "No wine before the end of the night RP."

Wish me luck!